Advertise on CaliforniaWatch.org
CaliforniaWatch.org reaches an audience that:
- Wants to be informed
- Is actively engaged
- Includes community leaders
- Is web-savvy
California Watch, a nonprofit, nonpartisan newsroom launched by the Center or Investigative Reporting in 2009, is home to the largest investigative reporting team in the state.
Our team includes Pulitzer Prize-winning reporters and editors. And our mission is to generate investigative and enterprise journalism that shines a light on government waste and misspending of taxpayer resources, as well as targeted coverage of high-interest topics, such as education, public safety, health care and the environment. California Watch’s content has been distributed to more than 200 newspapers, TV stations, radio outlets and online-only websites within the state.
Awards & recognition
- 2011 winner, Best Online-Only Website, National Headliner Award
- 2010 winner, General Excellence in Online Journalism, Online News Association
- 2010 winner, Journalists of the Year, Northern California chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists
- 2010 winner, Investigative Reporting, Northern California chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists
Monthly page views = 347,673
Monthly unique visitors = 199,649
Monthly visits = 246,260
Newsletter e-mail alerts = 4,455 (combined total of CIR and California Watch subscribers)
These averages are based 1.3 million unique visitors in California from January 2010 through April 2011.
San Francisco = 15 percent
Sacramento = 12 percent
Los Angeles = 7 percent
San Jose = 6 percent
Oakland = 5 percent
- File size: Up to 30K
- File type: .gif preferred
- Animation: 10-second maximum
- Deadline: One week prior to launch date
- Hyperlinking: A click-through will open a new browser window and should not prevent the user from returning to CaliforniaWatch.org. All advertising and landing pages are subject to CIR editorial review and approval. Please see California Watch's Advertising Policies for further information.
A maximum of four ads may be in rotation for each ad unit on the site.
*A project may publish in multiple parts, requiring additional blasts.
For more information, contact Peter Goodman at email@example.com or 415-821-8546.